Monday, February 27, 2006

small world department

this came to my inbox and given that polyamory is such a hot topic these days in my life, I thought I'd repost it (with the authors consent) This is another example of how well loved I am by Allena and how we (our poly family of Allena, Jim & I) do not even need to be together, to be seen as shining love examples and obviously in love with another.
Hi Jennifer,

I was at a play party in Dallas over the weekend, and I overheard a woman sitting on a couch near me praising her awesome girlfriend "Jennifer" who was a kink educator.

I thought "Hmm, that description sounds familiar."

It turned out, of course, that it was Allena.

Your Humble Jester (and stun gun crash-test dummy from "In The Woods 05")

P

Even though we are a committed poly family, we still all play with others when opportunity and time permits. Made me chuckle to read the below as the email response for thanking P for his original note. P sent back the following email, which shows 1. his attentions towards my Bella and 2. that Bella was trying to get lucky with some woman in another state while on a road trip by herself for a change.

Hi Jennifer,

I would be honored for you to repost the email. Please use my "foole@icehouse.net" address for publication. What made the Dallas "Hallmark moment" particularly remarkable is that Bella was talking you up to an incredibly hot little domme named "M" who *I* was cruising, and who, in turn, was cruising Allena. I finally decided to try to match them up in the interest of promoting cultural diversity, (and in the hope of getting to watch a *Hot Lesbian Sex* scene later.) I told them that I thought they would be a good match, since I'd seen both of them play.[cut here]

For me, this is all a chance to practice COMPERSION.

Word of the day:

Compersion n
: The feeling of taking joy in the joy that others you love share among themselves, especially taking joy in the knowledge that your beloveds are expressing their love for one another.