Thursday, January 19, 2006

home is where I belong

if the bandages were smaller and covering less area on my breast, I think I'd feel more confident. As it stands right now, the tape, gauze and packing pretty much cover my whole upper and outer side of my left breast to under my armpit; it's this that is causing me so much distress.

A small bandaid covering the area was what my mind had believed to be true. I was mistaken both by the scope of the operation and it's impact on me.

Was discharged from the hospital to my Daddy yesterday and spent last night at home, eating Won Ton soup, drinking organic juice & swallowing only one pain pill while laying on the sofa propped up comfortably. Not sure what was on tv but I do know I watched some, I was just out of it.

The surgery itself went smooth and now it's only a matter of waiting for my biopsy results. Up to 10 days.

My breast is burning inside somewhere, yet I do not know where and can't even see the area in question under the bandages.

Linnea thank you for the beautiful flowers, I enjoyed our time together this evening and seeing you was such a treat!

Felicity, thank you for mashed potatoes, Womans Day and your constant effort.

Kara, thank you for the space.

Allena, thank you for poly, activism and our lives together.

Daddy, thank you for our world, I feel safe & loved.

and to everyone else who wrote me, lit a candle, offered hope or prayers, you are all angels, may you be blessed

Jennifer