Friday, September 02, 2005

the fair & a house guest

While seated in the stands of the Pacific Coliseum to watch the Super Dogs show with my daughter at the PNE - I was struck in my pink cowboy hat by a flying foam paw that was a freebie being thrown up into the stands. My pink cowboy hat being a magnet of course to this paw and fortune, was knocked right off my head and into the lap of the woman behind me. Hands of nearby children are reaching towards me trying to grab the paw, but once everyone sees that the paw has knocked my hat off and now the paw has landed straight into my lap. All hands retreat - the prize is mine.

My hat magically reappears alongside me and I put it atop my head while I'm turning to my daughter who is sitting next to me laughing uncontrollably at my predicament. Stopped laughing pretty quick when she realized I didn't want a foam paw so it was then to become her prize. What a day it was at the PNE for us today and a full day as well. We arrived at the Fair at 11:30 and left at 8pm. Got home and settled just in time for kara to arrive to come by for a visit & a cuddle before she left her cat with us for a week while she and her partner are away on holidays. We've never owned a cat before my daughter & I so this should be quite the little experiment. So far so good, kara is long gone and the cat has slowly settled in over the evening now.

night

Jennifer