Tuesday, August 16, 2005

on holidays

In a few short hours I will be off with my daughter for 3 days of holidays in a centrally located rental condo in the heart of Whistler. Taking a break from everything to spend time with my daughter before school goes back in a few weeks is just what her and I both need.

This is time that I'm really looking forward to, alone time with my daughter and all I have to concentrate on is being a mother. Let me tell you about my not so little, little girl... (whose 11 years old)

she is beautiful, smart and fun
she is bright & inquisitive
she is creative & compassionate
she is liked by many and loved by many
she is quiet & a reader
she is strong, determined and resourceful
she is not like me all that much and yet, she is obviously my daughter

Our time will be spent sleeping in the same bed, holding hands, talking, napping, watching movies, shopping, eating, scooter riding, hot tubbing, getting massages, walking and relaxing.

My world here at home is very fast paced due to my activism & work and as much as I try to shelter my daughter from this stuff just by virtue of the fact that we live in the city our lives remain hectic. The opportunity to go away where no one has a phone number for me, there is no internet access in our condo so email will be checked only once daily and it's my hope to run it to NO ONE that I know. I want to be mom, my daughters mother only for this whole trip and leave my other worlds and stress behind.

wish us well...

Jennifer
my daughters mothers