Thursday, May 12, 2005

last nights Flirt Slut

Last night was the Flirt Slut workshop which was presented by LaSara from San Francisco. I had made arrangements for Kara to meet me for dinner prior to the workshop so we could have some personal time before meeting up with LaSara and opening the space. Since Kara wasn't arriving till her work day was over I knew she wouldn't be there till at least 5:20 and me being notoriously early for things was of course 25 minutes early. Once I had squared away my child at her fathers it was smooth sailing in traffic from point A to point B.


Thankfully I found a parking spot right away and headed out for a walk along Hastings there at Nanaimo. It was such a spectacular afternoon that a stroll outside for me alone before a class was good down time - a good breather. I walked in to a little store to pick up a birthday card for my step father when I saw a pink bouquet of chocolate flowers which I promptly added to my arm full of purchases. Some poster paper for workshops, plastic fly swatters for slapping bottoms and 2 cards...the usual day to stuff ya know what I mean?

Back to the car, dropped off the bags from my speedy shopping trip, then headed in to the restaurant with the bouquet of chocolate flowers to wait for Kara. The woman arrives and in she walks with a splendid arrangement of gerbera daisies in an assortment of pinks for ME. Flowers for me. Now I love flowers, all kinds of flowers, nothing fancy, just anything bright and these flowers are so bright that they make me want to make love and sing out loud at once. Only the latter appealing to Kara or to anyone for that matter.

Upstairs at the space, LaSara had already arrived and people started showing up. It was an interactive workshop on flirting for the beginner and flirting for those looking for new tips, tricks and skills. Group exercises that had everyone comfortable and Tickled Pink Toys with us as a vendor as well. It was another successful, fun and educational night at Libido Events.

Walking out at nights end after people had left and I had some time to spend with this new person that I've been getting to know as of late. We even shared a kiss outside - a delicate subtle first kiss it was.


Managed to be back home by 10:45 and entered to an empty house. Daughter at her dads for a sleepover, Jim away at his sisters in Olympia, Kara cuddled in her bed at home with S, Allena in Seattle and just me here alone. Being poly and having real alone time is rare. Last night was real alone time and given that I'd had such a good work night, I came straight in and promptly removed all my clothes, put on my robe and pulled out the Hitatchi Magic Wand. Me, myself and my favorite toy had a party on my bed.

Watched late night tv which I NEVER do then to my computer to work for a few hours before bed. The nice thing here is that I don't need to drive my child to school in the morning since she isn't here; so in the morning I get to move at my own pace, and not that of a frantic mother on a school day. The balancing act of being a mom and a sex activist.

blessings

Jennifer