Sunday, June 06, 2010

Fight The HST

This was sent to my by my very good friend Craig. And since I don't want to face his wrath, I post it as per his orders.


To my friends in BC, and those of you not in BC but with family and friends in BC:

Read this, chuckle, then (most importantly) go here and find out where in your riding you can sign the petition to fight the HST in person, and then go and sign it -- assuming you agree, of course. (This is not one of those useless online petitions that are a waste of time. It's the real thing.) From what I've heard though, in order for a referendum on this to pass, 50% of voters actually have to vote in the referendum! So when the referendum happens, GO AND VOTE!

Oh, and forward this to everyone you know in BC and post it on your blogs in the next five minutes, or a plague of locusts will descend on you. Honest.


-----


The old priest lay dying in the hospital. For years he had faithfully served the people of British Columbia. He motioned for his nurse to come near.

"Yes, Father?" she said.

"I would really like to see Gordon Campbell and Colin Hansen before I die."

"I'll see what I can do, Father."

The nurse sent the request to the Premier's office and waited for a response. Soon the word arrived that the Premier and Finance Minister, devout Christians both, were delighted to visit the priest. As they went to the hospital, Gordon commented to Colin, "I don't know why the old priest wants to see us but it will certainly help our images and might even get us some favourable publicity ahead of the HST."

Colin agreed that it was a good thing. When they arrived at the priest's room, the priest took Gordon's hand in his right hand and Colin's hand in his left. There was silence and a look of serenity on the old priest's face. Finally Gordon Campbell spoke. "Father, of all the people you could have chosen, why did you choose us to be with you as you near the end?"

"I have always tried to pattern my life after our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."

"Amen," said Gordon.

"Amen," said Colin.

The old priest continued, "Jesus died between two thieves. I would like to do the same."