Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Finding My Groove

Typing one handed can be done though it takes me forever to complete things. Complicating matters is the 13 pound crying appendage laying in my left arm. (the one that is not on the keyboard)

This week and next are jam packed with appointments for me to get to. And of course I am still adjusting to how long it takes me to get somewhere with a seven week old baby. Planning excursions is now a must to ensure I am prepared for what ever could possibly happen.

On another note, there was a highlight to my day yesterday. A University emailed me saying "the check is in the mail" as they have hired me for a four day contract. This pleases me to no end particularly since I love working with students and I miss being on the teaching circuit. These past few months of late pregnancy and early postnatal have left me with a strong desire to return to educating the masses.

Then today, a local College confirmed a paid full week contract that I had sent in a proposal for. I was confident I would get this gig as I worked for them for two years previous. I am delighted to have my offerings accepted and to have this work.

I am attempting today to finish another contract that I have been trying to complete for over a week now. I know I'll land the job, but the formality of doing and submitting the paperwork is a necessity. Blah.