Sunday, December 20, 2009

Weekend Antics

Some general updates just so you don't think I've neglected writing or my commitment to my blog.

This weekend was rather peaceful, all things considered. The whole family being home bound and all was rather nice.

Friday we went to Richmond and bought the baby a second stroller. A smaller one for quick jaunts and that fits easily into the back of the Jeep. It is fantastic and we had some color choices so we ended up with a great apple green one. Thanks David and M for the awesome gift card, it went to something perfect and we are really grateful for your kindness. The store was amazing too. It took everything out of me to make the trek to the mall and I promptly fell asleep in the vehicle on the way home.

Also Friday afternoon the hospital called and I return on the 29th for yet another IV and another MRI. Hopefully at the end of this appointment the Infectious Disease doctor will have a plan of attack for how to deal with my infection in my jaw. We know already what they think they will end up doing yet are hopeful a secondary and less intrusive plan of fixing everything can be found.

Saturday was all about napping. I napped and Jason took care of the Pickle. This was greatly needed, the nap that is. I was starting to feel like a zombie. Then I had a nice hot bath which made me feel almost human again. Finally we spent the latter part of the evening wrapping Christmas presents and hanging out with the teenager, then we were in bed by ten PM.

Today has been a wee bit rushed, but well worth it. We spent the entire afternoon over at a friends home where they made us lunch and we hung out talking for hours. Kinky friends are the best, specifically because there is no need to hide any facet of ones self. We spent four hours catching up, the time just flew on by and having people cook us a meal was extra nice for a change.

By the time we got home in the pouring rain, it was all we could do to get into our robes and set ourselves in front of the TV. I made us a fast dinner and then with the teenager joining us we watched Inglorious Bastards, what an incredible movie. Not one I would have chosen to watch on my own, but yet after seeing it, so glad that I did. Magnificent.

So yeah, our weekend contained enough activity to leave us as new parents exhausted. The Pickle is sweet, lively and definitely no where near ready to being on a schedule of any sort. I am attempting to get myself back on some sort of routine, yet am finding it difficult.

It is hard to believe the babe is 3 weeks old today.