Saturday, December 26, 2009

Bare Breasts

Minutes after our son was born last month he was laid upon my bare chest. The hospital calls this time, Mother and Baby Skin-to-Skin For The First Hour. It is mandatory and it helps with the bonding process between mothers and their newborns.

Pickle was not upon my body more than a minute before he started crying enough for me to offer him my breast.

I looked up at Jason and said "take out my ring". And as quickly as I said those words, I was met with ... "really, are you sure? Don't you want to try with it in?"

Smiling and rather confident I came back with "No. Take it out". Then in one fast motion my right ring was removed from my nipple and thereby was the end of the life of that piece of jewelery.

There was no hesitation, nor regret. Rather an overwhelming feeling of doing the right thing, which brought with it immense satisfaction as I looked down to see our son making his first attempts at nursing.

My nipple slid into his mouth and I was met with the comforting sound of quiet as he found his way to his source of nourishment and love.

It was but a short while later that I had Jason remove the left piercing as well. I had wanted to keep them both in and try to breast feed our little man with them in, yet when it came down to it and he was in my arms, all I wanted to do was feed him, with no barriers in the way.

A few days ago now I handed Jason my jewelry and asked him to try inserting them both back in. He tried and with no luck. We will try again in a few days this time with some lubricant and perhaps a brighter light.

Should the holes close over and I not be able to have the rings put back in, I won't be getting pierced again. My nipple rings were done many years ago, in the beginning of my sexual journey, back when my being a sexual outlaw was still in it's infancy and I was someones slave. I have grown so much since those days, and enough so that my kinkiness is no-longer defined by how many body adornments I have, nor by being a bottom only.

I will say though, that another reason I won't be pierced again in the nipples, is that as I remember it, it just hurt to damn much.