Monday, November 09, 2009

Crash, Boom, Bang

Orgasms have not washed over my body in a couple of weeks. I can not muster the desire nor the strength to go there.

It may strike you as odd that me, the woman that coaches many thousands of people every year on having a successful sex life has been to run down to have my own needs met.

It's true though, life can either be on your side or against you now and again when it comes to being sexual.

As of late, life has been against me, my pregnancy has reeked havoc on my body, and pleasure has been the last thing on my mind for myself.

Now and again I have a fleeting moment where I think an orgasm would be most welcome, then I realize it would take what little strength I have to make it happen, and my energy is best kept in reserves right now, because any moment I could need it for labor and delivery.

I spent the weekend (Thursday to Friday) leading ten classes to literally thousands of people on having a more fulfilling sex life and I did so to great acclaim. And as each class ended, it took all my energy to get off the stage and catch my breath.

This pregnancy feels like it will never end, and yet I am desperate to have it over with. Not just because I want an orgasm but because the ongoing medical issues are becoming so over-the-top that it feels as though I will never be the same woman again.

And yet, I know all of this to be not true. I know it will take some time, but that I will regain my desire, my body shape and my energy levels. In the mean time though, I find it difficult to watch others have such an easy time of life and self.

I am struggling, and it is with all honesty that I share this with you all. I know to some degree how so many of you view me. Super woman is the term regularly used to describe me. Well, my cape is ripped, and it's going to take awhile to repair. Excuse me while I tend to it, as you can imagine how important it is to me.