Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We're Getting Close

Today marks thirty two whopping emotionally and physically taxing weeks that I have been pregnant with our soon to be born son.

I celebrated this day, by going for yet another of my weekly massage therapy appointments and being kneaded and worked over by my wonderful RM Therapist. It felt like a luxury, yet it was sorrily needed as my body is rebelling at this point of my pregnancy.

It's almost feeling like time for me to pack my hospital bag, to have it ready and waiting next to the front door for when the time comes. The nursery is about complete now, it still needs some items, yet it is essentially ready for us to bring the little man home to.

The crib is set up, clothes are all washed and set out, the change table is stocked, the baby bath has all its accessories, the car seat and stroller combo are put together and we have figured them out and of course, we have diapers.

We still need a crib set of linens, wall decorations, a rug (the bedroom is laminate flooring), a lamp, a monitor, a diaper disposal system, a dresser and a rocking chair just to name a few things off the top of my head. Yet I figure this will all sort itself out in the coming weeks.

Jason is designing and sewing wall decorations as the room is jungle themed. They will all be three dimensional, it's going to be really amazing when complete.

And here is a photo of the proud father to be, assembling the crib.