Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Change

My home office is starting to come together. Boxes are being unpacked at a steady pace and the contents landing into their appropriate places.

Not one book is out yet and that accounts for about fifteen boxes stacked in the closet and in the corner of the den. It is starting to grate me the wrong way that such a large part of unpacking still remains to be dealt with yet there is nothing I can do about it.

You see, the office contains what amounts to a small adult boutique's amount of products and toys. Making everything fit, be accessible and laid out as I need it to be is critical.

I am more interested in setting things up once and correctly, then doing it over again from an improper failed attempt.

It's become obvious to me, and to RC, that I need a custom built book cabinet to hold all my literature within easy access and sight.

The den likely will not be all sorted out for another couple of weeks. I need to practice patience on this matter that's for sure.

All my toys and implements are organized but my desk is no where near ready for me to sit at. Lucky for me that the internet is cordless and I can work from anywhere in the house. Not the ideal, but at least in the short term I can still accomplish the tasks I need to.

I must admit though, that I have spent an unusual amount of time working from my bed lately. I will be so glad to have my office operational so there will be just one place where the piles of paper will be so I can always find what I am seeking.

This move has done-me-in and I am now confident that being pregnant and moving into a new house was not the most ideal in the planning department. One of these two things I will definitely never be doing again.

Can you guess which one?