Sunday, June 29, 2008

Movie and a Cuddle

Travis, Allena and I went to dinner at a local restaurant, and ate on their patio, in the shade, to try and escape the heat. The TreeHouse is a nice little neighborhood place that we've been eating at for over a year now. We were perhaps going to head off to the pan party at the center afterwards but ended up making the wise decision to stay in watching a movie instead.

You have got to watch Lars and the Real Girl. What a funny movie and absolutely worth seeing. Cuddled up on the sofa till just after midnight we both laughed and cried as the show progressed. Given that I don't get emotional watching films, this movie to its credit drew from me many reactions.

In this comedy, Lars Lindstrom is an awkwardly shy young man in a small northern town who finally brings home the girl of his dreams to his brother and sister-in-law's home. The only problem is that she's not real - she's a sex doll Lars ordered off the Internet.

This morning I was awake way to early for my own good. Today is Pride here in Seattle and the weather is going to be a scorcher. My final class is late this afternoon, post parade and it's SM 101, A Little More Than a Slap & A Tickle. Everything is ready to go packed up and all I need to do is to arrive and hand over the information in a way that will excite and be accessible to all. I can do this, no problem.

I plan on getting some shopping done today before my class and before I head back north to higher prices and poor selections on most purchases. Oh Canada.


Checked on RC at home a short while ago, and he appears to be doing ok on the home front with out me. I've not had a chance to miss him yet, I've just been simply to busy.

Allena is madly typing in her office naked, and I am in the living room typing zipping fast getting things done as well. We really are a force of power. Girl Power that is.