Monday, April 23, 2007

giving thanks

I've been off the wall lately. It's been crazy all the changes going on in my world. The last couple of weeks have given me a wee bit of a headache as the stress of some of this has been rather much.

Shamefully I have been non communicative to most unless it was for business and even then mostly in e-mail only and certainly not to be found by phone. Although I am not behind on any projects, I certainly am not as far ahead as I like to pace myself for on some important upcoming commitments.

It may have taken me longer in life than other to figure certain things out, but I'm certainly glad I did. Learning when and who one can ask for help has been an important lesson for me as of late. The next lesson will be to work through my personal issues surrounding asking for help, I find it such a challenge emotionally.

I am head-over-heels in love with RC. There are moments each day that are electrifying between us and not just in bed. The connection is palpable, our breathing even syncs up as we touch. Today was white with purple dotted orchids from the florist mixed with lush greens, just because. Yesterday a moment of about three sentences long, late at night on the sofa after the teenager was in bed, head on my shoulders, that made my heart bounce happily.

It's really hit home for me lately, just how many people I've come into contact with over the last 10 years of my involvement in sex-culture.

Most of my friendships and all of my love relationships have come from my connection to kink, sex, polyamory, activism and education.

I am grateful at this moment for friendships, and love.