Monday, March 13, 2006

open wound

Some times it's just obvious that I need to treat myself very well and tonight is one of those nights. With a delicious home cooked meal in us both, my daughter rubbed my back for 20 minutes before it was my turn to rub her down for an equal amount of relaxation time. Now she's tucked with love into her bed and I'm typing naked in the living room, shortly on my way to bed myself.

Tomorrow I work from 9:00 till 3:00pm then drive home and pick up my daughter before we head off to the local pool for a swim, sauna and hot tub. After a full days work a soak, float and swim will be in order for my over worked mind and body. I'm finding that the pool as of late has been affording me some quiet space to work through some personal issues.

Talking with Reive on Saturday night was good for me. Reive gave me his blessing to write here about one of the issues that I've been struggling with for some time. His blessing was important to me because the issue that I'm struggling with is one that he and I faced together years ago and still today has such an enormous impact on each of our lives and relationships with self & others.


After telling Reive about my recent ponderings to blog re: our past issue, I told him that I didn't need to use his name really to write about the situation and that I'd happily refer to him as someone else. Reive was so clear that he didn't like people referring to him without actually using his name, he loathed innuendos and preferred his name to be used by me.

As for other individuals in my world, I only write about people by "real first name" and circumstances if I have their expressed permission. So bear with me over the next short while as I summon the courage to write about something deeply personal and life changing, and know that all the circumstances you read about were real traumas and triumphs for myself.

Perhaps that's really what I'm working through lately, gathering the strength to personally acknowledge the traumas faced and celebrate the triumphs.