Friday, July 29, 2005

2 wolves & willy wonka

Today had me working a 7 hour day and then driving home to my daughter to pick her up and spend an evening out with her. Together we went to see Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. What a wonderful movie, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves getting lost in this adaptation of an old classic. There's this scene where Willy is showing the factory to 5 children and their guardians and as they go past all of the rooms which contain the centers for many of their best candies they stop suddenly infront of one room which just demanded my attention. Hair cream, toffee cream and you guessed it, whipped cream.

So when they get to view the whipped cream room I hear the distinct crack of a whip, the sound of many whips, sounds like a play party that I'd play at. But no it's not. It's 4 oompa loompa's whipping a cow with single tails and it's suspended some how above the ground. I was so busy being captivated by the sudden surprising sight of 4 midgets whipping the cow that I neglected to check out the rigging or even what was holding the damn cow up! ha, too funny, anyways, then Willy Wonka, looks at the group of visitors and says "well sweety, everyone knows that the best cream is whipped cream."

The movie was over at 8:45 and we were home by 9:00pm and seeing as I left this morning at 10:30am, it's been a long day for me.


Jim sent me this the other day and I thought I'd share it here...

Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a debate that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between 2 "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."


blessings

Jennifer