Sunday, June 19, 2005

slogans on t shirts

Pain is temporary.
Pride is forever.



I saw this today on the front of a boys t shirt as he was hanging off the back of a shopping cart being pushed by his mother through a store. I smiled from ear to ear when I read the shirt as it's so applicable to how I lead my life. It's the sort of slogan that if I'd found it on a pair of panties scrawled across the butt, surely I'd have purchased them and you'd have found me presenting myself to Jim in them one day for some SM play.

Couldn't help but go walking over to the woman pushing the cart, smile at her, turn, look to her son, then say "that's a great shirt, where by chance did he get it from?" Only to have her reply that it was his lacrosse team that gave one to each boy. Damn, that was not the answer that I was hoping for.


Some of the most painful things that I've ever experienced in my life, are things that today give me the greatest sense of pride and accomplishment to have made it through.

Pain is temporary.
Pride is forever.



and for this I am grateful, humbled and filled with thanks.


Jennifer