Tuesday, June 12, 2007

feedback - Libido Lounge

Subject: The Ace of Space

Hi Jennifer,

It's hard to stop you for thirty seconds to tell you what an awesome thing you've done! First, I was shocked (but not surprised) when I saw today how you have transformed the place, even from how it looked on Sunday. I know you've had help, but any project like this requires a leader, and you've provided leadership in spades.

Second, I was amazed at how comfortable the place feels. It could easily have turned out to feel like an illicit, back-alley, warehouse kind of a place, but even before you've finished it almost feels like an extension off of someone's home.

Finally, apart from the physical space, the whole concept is... it would be too easy to throw out a vague word like "awesome" here (and I've used it once already), so I won't. I know that you've said that being a pioneer and a trail-blazer is hard work (and I don't doubt it), but I hope it is rewarding for you, because it is rewarding and rewarding *for* those around you. I am glad that I was able to volunteer a small part to help.

And no, I'm not just saying these things because of our very nice goodbye kiss this evening. ;)

I await your lead vis-a-vis ---------, as the timetable is yours and certain things have to wait for you to be ready or make decisions. There's no rush from my point of view, and I only mention it to make sure you know I'm here when you're ready.


Tom