Thursday, August 23, 2007

looking over my shoulder

Be reminded as you read this than I do not drink coffee so it's importance is a tad bit lost on me. - said tongue in cheek

Earlier while cleaning I broke the final coffee maker in the house. It was accidental as the glass insert slipped from my hand, to smash against the toaster oven. Of course breaking it to pieces.

Within seconds RC appears in the doorway, doing a quick scan of the scene. Quickly he helped me clean up the broken glass after making sure of course that I was not hurt. The puzzled look and wry smile gave way to what I next discovered.

Twenty minutes later I found a letter he had written Bella and cc'd to me as well in my in-box. Seems I forgot about the last coffee maker I broke and it was not even that long ago. And now I have to be mindful of these two characters as they plot against me for these duo disasters and hold me responsible.

Hey sweetie,

I have news. It concerns both of our coffee makers. My Ritazza was broken months ago, and earned Jennifer a spanking. 5 minutes ago, YOUR BODUM suffered a similar fate. Now she claims that it was an accident, but it seems to me to be a systematic effort to deny us of coffee.

A sadly transparent sadistic act which is frankly beyond my limits. I propose that we do something about this blatant unconsensual attack together. Since it was your Bodum, I defer to you as to the consequence. However, remember that the punishment must fit the crime.


looking forward to your Bodum thoughts.

love
RC