Sunday, October 25, 2009

Friends Gathering

This afternoon many many friends gathered together at The Lounge for the drop in event that was my birthday celebration. Over the course of five hours people came and went and it was a lovely way to spend time with so many different people.

Everyone brought appetizers and sweets to nibble on and the food tables were exploding with all the options, it was wonderful.

We sat back and ate, had some great conversations, caught up with one another, opened gifts and had cake.

My actual birthday is this Wednesday, October 28th and the baby is due in six weeks at this point, so an afternoon sitting around with people I adore was just what I needed and wanted.

There were some beautiful gifts: handmade ones, funny ones, sexy ones, baby ones, couples ones and a few that were just over the top extravagant just for me. (an afternoon at a day-spa, o'my)

There are two new prints hanging in our living-room from Guy, as he took the most gorgeous pregnancy photos of Jason and I and put them into matched frames as a gift. These are the most precious offerings of friendship one could imagine, they really capture this special time of our lives.

Lisa knit the baby a blanket and it's just the sweetest gift ever, and N&S gave me a gift certificate to the local Priape store where I plan on making a deviant purchase. There were many many awesome gifts to many to list, but I will say my friends are truly the kindest and their all being at my side means so much to me.

The added bonus to the day was all the yummy food that people left behind, so our fridge at home is now stuffed with things I find delectable yet would not normally stock in abundance.

Thank you to everyone who was there and to those who were unable to attend who sent messages of love and kindness.