Sunday, June 21, 2009

Holy Shit

The movers will be here in seven hours to start the grueling process of schlepping all of our worldly belongings into our own home.

I am excited and I am exhausted.

This is the start of an entirely new chapter in my life and that of my families.

A new city, a new home that is ours, new furniture, new telephone number, new neighborhood and a chance to shake free of the negative connotations our current rental place holds for me.

Good riddance to the past, and hello bright future. I have worked the last few years with a serious goal in mind and god almighty, I have almost achieved it.

No one, not one single person has given me anything, it has all been my own efforts that have brought me this far. The struggle to arrive, thus makes my arrival here extra sweet.

There are a few people I am saying Fuck You to, and a few others I have simply written off with this move.

There are new friendships I am celebrating with, and new friends to be made.

There are long standing relationships that are right at my side, and new ones that value the ethic of what it takes.

Try being a mother of a teenager, pregnant, in love with a man and a woman and a two time adult business owner in the genres of sex. This path is so bloody lonely often, there are no role models for me.

I have carved this out of nothing, and trust me lots of people, policies, laws, bias and prejudices have attempted to get in my way.

My strength is abundant, my skin thick and my work load heavy.

My family gives me love, room to grow, a place to hide when need be, support and praise.

Without my man, and my daughter, I would not be who I am today. Particularly my daughter, without her, I would not be on the professional path I am following nor would I be in relationship with my guy or my girl. My daughter gave me my adulthood.