Monday, December 19, 2005

giving thanks

this is the first week day morning my daughter has had to sleep in on now that she is on Christmas holidays. When I enforced regular bedtime last night, she was none too pleased. Following yesterday afternoons very successful birthday bowling party, I knew she was exhausted, so at 9:30 I was tucking her in with a kiss, pulling the covers up tight and turning off her light.

It's almost 10 this morning and she is still soundly asleep and I'm feeling positive about sticking with regular bedtime over the holidays except where necessary to deviate from this due to other great amazing festive holiday plans. Saving this, just sleep. The child is in puberty and is in need of food, sleep, love and support.

Writing in only my robe, curled up on the sofa before a lit Christmas tree in the living room, I'm so grateful for all that I have: family that loves and grows with me, my health and youthfulness, lovers that support and nourish me, a home and a car, a community that supports my efforts as an educator and producer of events, a career and business that are my own and flourishing beyond imagination.

time to go wake the child. (if I want her to go to bed at regular time again tonight then she needs to get up now and keep pace with me for awhile today to tire her some) It'll be a fun day with more build up to her actual birthday and Christmas.

Aside from some private coaching work this week with a couple, I've actually got the whole week off from work outside of the house. It's here at home that I sit quietly adding another 5 workshops to the calendar for January 2006 alone. 2006 is treating me very very well already professionally.

Jennifer