Thursday, June 09, 2005

sticky notes to hide genitals

I bring this up because my mother is on her way over to my house for the first time since we've moved in to the new place.

On the wall, above the dresser in my bedroom hangs a print that I adore. It was a gift of sorts awhile back and it's been put in a matt & frame and hung with love.

The print itself is a black & white 8x10 framed to 11x14, so you can see how it would get noticed hanging on the wall, above the dresser in my bedroom right? Did I mention that a lamp sits below it, illuminating it ever so well?

Oh the photographer is San Francisco's Charles Gatewood and when he last stayed here at the house, he gave me the print as a gift. Charles is the most amazingly kind man and such a talented and famous modern primitive / erotic photographer. (there are other prints in the house, but nothing quite like this print from Charles)

The print is of two gay men (likely lovers) standing in the door way of a New York sex club inside rooms. It's a stunning print of these men, arm in arm, each wearing a mask to disguise them if you will. Both men are in lingerie and the photo ends just about mid thigh on them. Ropes hang in the background and you can almost smell the musk of these men, cause it's just that sexy.

A sheer black garter with stockings on this one man and he's wearing a camisole and holding a beer with his tongue slightly pushed out. The other man his cock is exposed, hung ready for something, anything, bare chested, garter and stockings with a sly smile and the look of a man whose really comfortable with himself and his partner.

I love this print and do not plan on removing it from my wall before my mother arrives, yet I do feel like it's not appropriate for her to run across it while she tours the house tonight and tomorrow.

Here's what I've done to make myself feel better about my mothers reaction to the print. In my top desk drawer are yellow sticky notes. Sitting at my desk with pen in hand, I wrote across the top sticky note on the block...

lift with caution



It's true, I now feel much better about my mother looking at the print. Because you see, I took that sticky walked to the print & firmly traced the gummed backing on to the glass of the frame. It was just big enough to cover the lower waist area of these two men, thus hiding their genitals.

Now if my mother looks, it's all on her. And as for me, I feel like a good daughter for keeping her safe from something that I know she would rather not see. She'll know it's there, but she'll get that I went to some effort to think of her and protect her. (atleast this is my hope)

My mom is due in any minute and I need to finish readying the house for her arrival and my daughter for bed.

Later tonight after I get them both tucked in, my plan is to spend some time working on the computer on Libido Events stuff and having a peek under the sticky before I turn out the light for bed.



blessings

Jennifer