Sunday, September 07, 2008

Drugs Are the Answer

I am writing this from my bed. No covers nor bedding, it is simply too warm for such things.

On my lap is a hot water bottle, and coursing through my veins are blessed Tylenol 3's, those lovely prescription codeine based pills. Comforts for a woman suffering from cramps.

It is so beautiful out, and we had plans of going to Wreck Beach together, RC & I. Though I was fairly certain when I crawled into bed last night, that today would not happen for me.

RC woke up, looked over at me and smiled a knowing look as he kissed me. Then he went and ran around the house tending to things for me, so all I had to do today was simply lay back and let "nature take its course".

He treats me so well and care takes me like no other. Hell even my daughter is on the extra special treatment campaign with a foot massage and house cleaning without complaint.

Blessed I am.

Now RC is at Wreck Beach being stark naked on the sand and in the water. Perhaps he'll pick up a cute girl, I certainly wish him success.

I'd really wanted to go along and relax with him, but I'm barely able to move. And further, I need to save my energy for later this afternoon, as I have a New Member Orientation class to teach at the Lounge from 4 - 6 PM.

Imagine my heart swelling as RC announced that he plans on being home in time to drive me to class, as he knows just how unwell I am.

At 2 this morning, I *almost* packed myself up to make a visit to the hospital for one of those special shots in the butt they give you when you are suffering as much as I am. Most months are not this bad, but this one is a real pain and not so manageable even with Tylenol 3's in me. Luckily though I was able to fall back asleep and happily avoided an emergency room visit. Twice in the last two years I've been to the hospital for a shot in the butt, and both times it solved the pain problem but it also made me right-out-of-it for almost 24 hours. The latter part being a side effect that bothers me greatly. When your in pain though, one does what is necessary.

While not typing and working I've been slowly making my way through the piles of books on my bed side table.

  • A Natural History of Sex
  • Sexy Origins and Intimate Things
  • Canadian Contraceptive Guide
  • JUICE: Electricity for Pleasure & Pain
  • Sperm Wars
  • The BiSexual's Guide to the Universe
  • The LifeStyle
It's hard to believe I have any time to read, but I manage. Its not like I read every book the whole way through, often times I am just looking for specific content while others I can't seem to put down till I've had my reading hunger satiated.

Between the library at the Lounge and my own personal one at home, I have enough books to keep me captivated for a few years easily. No joke, both collections are that large.

A nap seems to be in order about now as my daughter and I have just finished a lite lunch together and the drugs are calling upon me to slumber and heal.